Date: Saturday, July 6, 2013
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Metropolitan B
The EXPO is an informal, fun place during the Conference for families and friends—new and old—to gather and share experiences. Through interactive and hands-on activities for all ages, it is an ideal opportunity to relax, rest, and reflect on lessons and new stories learned, and how the Speaking Up! Conference has inspired and transformed lives. The EXPO features several on-going activities including crafts, workshops, and two exhibit displays. Light refreshments will be offered and a chance to win special prizes at the JANM Membership table.
EXPO Activities & Schedule
• Conference EXPO Challenge Book
• Speaking Up! Megaphone Activity
• Magnetic Sharing Wall
• Someone Who...Photo Station
• Youth-Friendly Workshops
• Omoide Presentations*
• Minidoka Kamishibai*
• Shimomura Yonsei-Gosei Project*
• Nikkei Geneology Workshop*
• Art Behind Barbed Wire Found Object Art Project*
• Arts ‘n’ Crafts - Make your own origami, yoroi/kabuto, kanji nametags, or kendoma*
*Organized and presented in partnership with the Japanese Cultural & Community Center of Washington.
The EXPO has been generously sponsored by Ken & JoAnn Hamamura and Family.