London will host the Summer Olympics but JANM will host the JA Olympics. Join us for fun Japanese American games for the whole family!
JA OLYMPIC COMPETITIONS—COMPETE FOR PRIZES!
|11AM - 5PM||
Basketball Free Throws
Japanese Americans and basketball are like two peas in a pod! Make two out of three free throws and win a prize! 1 prize per person, while supplies last.
|11AM - 4PM||
Origami Design Contest
Calling all origami artists of all ages! Enter our origami design competition and leave your mark on the world of origami! Click here for details >>
|1PM - 2PM||
JA Trivia Challenge
Think you know a lot of Japanese American trivia? Match your knowledge against others in JANM’s first ever JA trivia competition! FREE! Click here for details >>
|2PM - 4PM||
Jan Ken Po Tournament
Do you think you can win the 1st annual JANM Jan Ken Po (rock-papers-scissors) tournament? Find out if you can beat the best of the best! Youth and adult divisions, $5.00 entrance fee. Click here for details >>
JA Olympics Medals Ceremony
Cheer on the winners of the Origami design contest, the Jan Ken Po Tournament, and the JA Trivia Competition.
|All Day||Hula Hoop Lessons
Let HoopItUp teach you how to hula hoop your way to good health
|All Day||Origami Scavenger Hunt
Are you brave enough to take on the origami scavenger hunt? Complete it and you’ll win a prize!
|All Day||Toddler Room
Come enjoy our fun and cool Toddler Room
|11AM – 2PM||Gold Medal Fruit Kebabs
Make some gold medal fruit kebabs with Kidding Around the Kitchen
|11AM - 5PM||Photo Souvenir
Smile! Be part of JANM’s JA Olympics with a picture souvenir!
- Build a fun trophy for yourself or for a friend using an assortment of materials. Try to make it as unique as possible!
- Decorate an award “medal” and wear it to show off your creativity
- Hip, hip, hooray! You’ll need a megaphone to project your cheers so come decorate one at the Museum
- Make a summer festival hat to show your style. Our paper hats are becoming a summer time tradition here at JANM because we always have so much fun seeing the hats fashioned by our visitors!
- Ruthie’s Origami Corner: Make an origami sports ball of your own