As a privately funded nonprofit institution, the Japanese American National Museum must rely on the generosity of its friends and supporters to meet the enormous cost of providing programs and services, year-round, to hundreds of thousands of local, national, and international visitors.
A gift in support of the Japanese American National Museum will ensure that the museum is able to continue its tradition of excellence in producing exhibitions, public programs, publications and educational materials to preserve, interpret, and share the experiences of Japanese Americans.
In addition to membership, there are many ways you can support the Japanese American National Museum.
- General Support: contributions can be made directly to the museum. They may also be made in honor or memory of someone.
- Children’s Courtyard Gifts: permanently inscribe a child’s name on the courtyard just outside the Pavilion for $300.
- Donor Wall Recognition Opportunities: limited space remains for permanent recognition of individuals, families, or honorees for gifts of $5,000 and above. For more information, contact us at 213.830.5646 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Special Events: attend our annual Gala Dinner or support JANM through the Lexus Opportunity Drawing and/or Bid for Education. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213.830.5669 for an invitation.
- Planned Giving: achieve your own financial objectives while making a gift to the Japanese American National Museum.
- Giving from Your IRA: If you need to take your required minimum distribution (RMD) from your IRA, using some of it to make a charitable gift is a tax-smart choice. Click here for more information.
- Vehicle Donations: donate your unwanted cars to the Japanese American National Museum. We will arrange to have your vehicle picked up whether it’s running or not. Automobiles, trucks, vans, RVs, and some boats are accepted. There is no cost to you, and the gift is 100% tax-deductible with proceeds directly supporting the museum. For more information, contact us at 213.830.5646 or send an email to email@example.com.
Check the donation services site for more information about donating your car.
(But contact JANM directly first to ensure that your donation supports the museum.)
- AmazonSmile: Select JANM as the recipient organization of your AmazonSmile purchases and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from eligible AmazonSmile purchases to JANM. Find the same low prices, vast selection, and convenient shopping experiences as amazon.com, but with the added bonus supporting JANM!
The Japanese American National Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with Federal Tax ID #95-3966024.