night pavilion with blur frame


JANM, Our Promise


JANM’s $85 Million Comprehensive Campaign to Revitalize, Amplify, Deliver, and Secure our Future.
Learn More


Your Support Matters

Our founders promised that the Museum would stand as a beacon of civil rights to ensure that what happened to Japanese Americans in 1942 would never happen to any other group. 

Donations to JANM help us fulfill that promise by supporting our educational and public programs, preservation of artifacts in our extensive collection, and daily operations. Contributions can be made directly to the museum or through a financial institution using the methods listed below. Gifts to the museum may also be made in honor or memory of a loved one.

Learn how your donations support JANM in the 2023 Impact Report.

The Japanese American National Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Our Federal Tax ID is #95-3966024. Your donation to JANM is 100% tax-deductible.


Questions? Please refer to the FAQ below or contact the JANM Development department at or 213.830.5646.

Ways to Give

Visa, Mastercard, American Express

The fastest way to give to JANM is to make a gift online by clicking the link above. You can also call us at 213.830.5658 to provide your payment information over the phone Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Pacific Time). If you leave us a voicemail with your name and contact information, we will return your call during business hours. 

You can mail a check made out to the Japanese American National Museum. Please include a note on how to designate your gift (e.g. general donation, tribute in memory of a loved one, membership, etc.) and send to:

Japanese American National Museum
ATTN: Development 
100 N. Central Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012

ACH (direct deposit), wire transfer, donor-advised fund, or corporate matching gift platform

We accept donations by ACH (i.e. direct deposit) and wire transfer. Please contact us at 213.830.5658 to receive our banking information. You can also set up a transfer through your donor-advised fund (e.g. Fidelity Charitable) or corporate matching gift platform. Please provide us with any authorization forms to complete for direct deposit/wire.

You can donate stocks and securities to the Japanese American National Museum. The gift value will be based on the average of the high and low price of the security on the transfer date.

For specific instructions regarding the transfer of securities, and to provide information about your stock and broker, please complete and email the Stock Transfer Notification Form to, or contact us at 213.830.5646..

Stock Transfer Notification Form

You can recommend a gift to the Japanese American National Museum through your established donor advised funds (“DAFs”). Please note that membership dues at the Contributing level and up, as well as Annual Gala sponsorships and tickets are not 100% tax-deductible due to associated benefits, and cannot be paid using a donor advised fund. The Internal Revenue Service and Department of Treasury have certain policies and regulations regarding donor advised funds that may change accordingly.

Qualified individuals ages 70 ½ and over can donate from their individual retirement accounts to the Japanese American National Museum without counting the transfers as income for federal tax purposes.

Although the transfers will not qualify as a charitable tax deduction due to no tax incurred on the gift, it can still be counted toward the donor’s qualified minimum distribution.

Please consult your IRA trustee or tax advisor regarding the withdrawal process and requirements.

By taking advantage of your employer’s matching gift or payroll deduction program, you can increase your contribution to JANM.

Consult with your company’s human resources department to determine which matching gift or payroll deduction programs are available. Please provide us with any gift verification form by mail or electronically to process.

Payroll deduction gifts can be made on a recurring basis, sent to us by check or electronic funds transfer (EFT). Our Federal Tax ID is #95-3966024.

Anchor Tag


What is the best address to mail my gift?

You can mail your gift to:

Japanese American National Museum
ATTN: Development
100 N. Central Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Where should I direct my gift?

Most donors designate their gift toward general operating, which allows the museum the most flexibility to provide resources where they are most needed. Gifts can also be designated toward specific departments and initiatives, such as Education or Collections.

What are the tax benefits to making a donation?

Your gift to the Japanese American National Museum is tax-deductible in the United States. General donations without goods or services provided are 100% tax-deductible.

Will I receive a receipt/acknowledgement letter?

Upon making your donation, you will receive an email or paper acknowledgment within 2-3 weeks. Please provide us with your most up-to-date contact information to receive the gift acknowledgment. Copies can also be requested by emailing

What is JANM’s Federal Tax ID Number? Is JANM a 501(c)(3) organization?

The Japanese American National Museum is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our Federal Tax ID number is #95-3966024.

How can I update my donor contact information?

If you would like to make any changes to your name, address, phone number, or email address on record, please contact us at or 213.830.5646 with the updated information.

Can I make my contribution through an employer or third-party platform?

Yes, please consult your employer regarding their matching gift or corporate philanthropic initiatives.

Many of our contributions are received through employee giving portals such as YourCause, FrontStream, Network for Good, Benevity, Truist, and other platforms associated with Charity Navigator or GuideStar. We can also receive donor-advised funds transfers through Fidelity Charitable or your preferred banking institution.

In most cases, your employer or third-party platform will provide you with your gift tax receipt upon making your contribution. If you would like a separate acknowledgment letter without tax information, please contact us at

What are other giving opportunities?

Please see our Giving Opportunities page for more information about engravings, planned giving, institutional support, vehicle donations, and the annual gala and auction.


Body 1

Financial and other information about Japanese American National Museum’s purpose, programs, and activities can be obtained by contacting Ann Burroughs at 100 N. Central Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012; 213.625.0414; or for residents of the following states, as stated below. Maryland: For the cost of postage and copying, from the Secretary of State. Michigan: MICS No. 11620. Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Japanese American National Museum may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 888.236.6167. New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING 973.504.6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT New York: A copy of our most recently filed financial report is available from the Charities Registry on the New York State Attorney General’s website at or, upon request, by contacting the New York State Attorney General, Charities Bureau, 28 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10005, or us at 100 N. Central Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012. You may obtain information on charitable organizations from the New York State Office of the Attorney General at or 212.416.8401. North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 888.830.4989 (within North Carolina) or 919.814.5400 (outside of North Carolina). Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Japanese American National Museum may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 800.732.0999. Virginia: From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218. Washington: From the Charities Program at 800.332.4483, or West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305. Wisconsin: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue, and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request. CONTRIBUTIONS ARE DEDUCTIBLE FOR FEDERAL INCOME TAX PURPOSES IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. REGISTRATION IN A STATE DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION OF JAPANESE AMERICAN NATIONAL MUSEUM BY THE STATE.

Support the understanding and appreciation of the Japanese American experience.

Become a Member Make a Gift