- Tuesday through Sunday: 11 a.m.–5 p.m. (PDT)
- Last entry at 4 p.m.
- Closed Mondays and holidays. JANM will be closed on Tuesday, November 2 in observance of Election Day.
Updated Ticket Procedures:
As of October 18, 2021
- Daily ticket reservations are encouraged; walk ups are available.
- Tickets are good for the entire day of your visit; same day reentry is permitted.
- JANM Members, please show your current membership card at front desk for free admission.
- Thursdays are FREE admission from 11 a.m.–5 p.m.; last entry 4 p.m. Advance tickets not available.
- For NARM and Western Reciprocal Membership Programs and all other free or discount programs and passes, tickets must be obtained upon arrival. Show proof of eligibility at front desk.
- Advance tickets are released up to four weeks in advance.
- Refunds or exchanges for a different date/time may be made in advance prior to time and date of ticket. Please contact email@example.com.
Before You Arrive:
- Please print or download your advance tickets and the visitor map.
- Masks are required for all visitors, regardless of vaccination status, except for children age two and younger.
- No food or drinks allowed.
- Large bags are not permitted. JANM cannot hold any jackets, clothing, or bags outside of lockers.
- A limited number of self-serve storage lockers (9"W x 22"H x 16"D) are available on a first-come basis. Valid ID required to use lockers.
- Wheelchairs available upon request.
Please note that the following are currently still closed:
- JANM Store (you can order online at janmstore.com; see below for details about on-site pick-ups)
- Hirasaki National Resource Center
For more information, please contact us at 213.625.0414 or check our Contact Information page.
Self-Guided Education Packets
Self-guided education packets are available at the front desk with a $1 cash only suggested donation (we cannot make change). Packets are yours to keep and include a pencil, visitor map, and printed copy of the Connection Guide: Finding Meaning at JANM.
A Life in Pieces VR Experience
Reserve tickets for an immersive, virtual reality video produced for the exhibition, A Life in Pieces: The Diary and Letters of Stanley Hayami.
Time slots are extremely limited. Advance, timed reservations are strongly recommended.
- The JANM Store remains closed to the public.
- You can still order online 24/7 at janmstore.com, or call and leave a message on our toll-free number at 888.769.5559. Our store staff will return your call during business hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. (PDT).
- On-site pickup is available. Hours for on-site pickup of online orders:
- Tuesday–Sunday: 11 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- More details
*Subject to change—see online store for details and holiday closures.