Plan Your Visit
- 11 a.m.–5 p.m. (PST), Tuesday through Sunday.
- Last entry is at 4 p.m.
- Closed Monday and in observance of Juneteenth (6/19), Fourth of July, Anniversary of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988 (8/10), Indigenous People’s Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
- Daily ticket reservations are encouraged; walk ups are available.
- Tickets are good for the entire day of your visit; same day reentry is permitted.
- JANM Members, please show your current membership card for free admission.
- For NARM and Western Reciprocal Membership Programs and all other free or discount programs and passes, tickets must be obtained upon arrival. Show proof of eligibility at front desk.
- Masks are required for all visitors, regardless of vaccination status, except for children age two and younger.
- No food or drinks permitted in the museum.
- A limited number of self-serve storage lockers (9"W x 22"H x 16"D) are available on a first-come basis. Valid ID required to use lockers.
- Large bags are not permitted. JANM cannot hold any jackets, clothing, or bags outside of lockers.
- Only service animals are allowed.
See below for admission pricing and directions. For more information please contact Visitor Services at email@example.com or call 213.625.0414.
The Hirasaki National Resource Center and the JANM Store remain closed, but you can still order online at janmstore.com.
We will continue to present virtual programming to inspire, educate, and help you stay connected. Check our posts every day across JANM’s social media platforms @jamuseum (Facebook | Twitter | Instagram) and explore our content online.
Proof of Vaccination Requirement
As required by LA City ordinance, ALL VISITORS age 12 and older will need to show proof of full vaccination or a negative antigen or PCR Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to visiting the museum. Proof of vaccination or negative test may be in a paper or digital format, PLUS a photo ID. The vaccine requirement does not apply to children under 12.
FULLY VACCINATED INDIVIDUALS
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; OR
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
You must provide:
- Vaccination card (which includes the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccine provided and the date(s) dose(s) administered), or a digital vaccine record, or a legible photograph of the vaccination card; AND
- Photo ID—Accepted forms of Photo ID:
- Driver’s license
- Government issued identification card
- School or work identification card
To confirm a child’s proof of vaccination, please bring some form of identification. If a child does not have a photo ID, a non-photo ID (e.g., school ID) or verification from an accompanying adult is sufficient. The vaccine requirement does not apply to children under 12.
JANM will recognize WHO (World Health Organization) vaccination record cards.
Proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID-19 test. (No home tests allowed.) You must provide both:
- An email or other written documentation (on your phone or printed out) that clearly shows:
- The entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare provider, etc.);
- Your full name;
- The date of the test is within 72 hours prior to your visit;
- A negative result; AND
- Your photo ID.
Protecting the health and well-being of our staff and visitors is our top priority. We require all staff and visitors—regardless of vaccination status—to wear a face mask in the museum and to maintain a six-foot distance from anyone outside of their own household at all times.
For more information:
- Verifying Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Verifying Proof of a Negative COVID-19 Test
- Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record
JAPANESE AMERICAN NATIONAL MUSEUM
100 North Central Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90012
- From the 101 Freeway (US-101) Southbound: Take exit 2B for Los Angeles St south 0.1 miles to E 1st St. Make a left on E 1st St. JANM is on your left .3 miles.
- From the 101 Freeway (US-101) Northbound: Take exit 2B toward Alameda St/Union Station. Left at Alameda St. JANM is on your right 0.4 miles.
Nearby public parking lots
- City of Los Angeles, Lot 2 at 300 E. Temple St.
- Japanese Village Plaza at 335 E. 2nd St.
- Metro Local 30 and Metro L Line (Gold) Shuttle 854 stop at 1st and San Pedro streets within 0.2 miles of the museum.
- LADOT Little Tokyo/Arts District Dash A stop at 1st St. and Central Ave. right across the street from the museum.
Ride the Metro and Save at JANM!
Show your TAP card, Metro employee ID, or LA County employee ID and receive $2 off adult general admission (does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions).
|Seniors (62 and over)||$7|
|Students (with ID) and Youth||$7|
|Children 5 and Under||Free|
Bags and Parcels
A limited number of self-serve storage lockers (9"W x 22"H x 16"D) available on a first-come basis. Valid ID required to use lockers. JANM cannot hold any jackets, clothing, or bags outside of lockers.
Only service animals are allowed on museum grounds.
For more information please contact Visitor Services at 213.625.0414.
Virtual visits use video conferencing technology to engage visitors and students in conversations surrounding JANM’s collections. Options are available for grades 1–12, college, adult, and seniors. These visits offer a new way to make sure that the important lessons of history are not forgotten.
Hirasaki National Resource Center
Located within the heart of JANM, the Manabi and Sumi Hirasaki National Resource Center (HNRC) serves more than 8,000 researchers, writers, students, family historians, filmmakers, and other museum visitors annually both onsite and online through its reference, research and reproduction services.
The JANM Store remains closed to the public.
You can still order online 24/7 at janmstore.com, or call and leave a message on our toll-free number at 888.769.5559. Our store staff will return your call during business hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
We also have on-site pickup available. Available hours for on-site pickup of online orders:
Tuesday–Sunday: 11 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
*Subject to change—see online store for details and holiday closures.